Friday, September 02, 2005

Worth the Wait?

As per my last post - my life took an interesting turn at around this time last month. It is actually quite unbelievable that it has only been a month since it happened, but I am pleased to report that I have bounced back from retrenchment quite well.

Within 2 weeks I found myself employed again (albeit being a 1 month contract) and feeling good about myself again.

Not working is certainly not as much fun as you'd think. Sure, you get to sleep in and catch up on long overdue tasks but it is not for me - unless I was super rich and even then I have my doubts...

Anyway, I have been to many interviews, had a few offers and have more job things brewing, so at least that part of my life is settling down.

But I'd like to share something with you.

A few mornings ago, whilst doing yoga in my living room, I happened to look out of our balcony window. And lo - on the tree across from my balcony, a nest was being built. Yes, a bird's nest.
Not just any bird either but a magpie's nest - which means that if you have red hair or wear red, orange or green you'd be smart to keep away (the birds have a particular aversion to these colours because they are the only ones they can see).

Notwithstanding the bird's rather fearsome reputation, I have found myself fascinated by its progress. Now, its nest is clearly distinguished from the tree's branches. And today I saw the owner sitting in the nest (laying eggs perhaps?).

I honestly feel rather privileged to be party to this small miracle of nature. Mainly because lately I have just failed to appreciate things like this anymore - I have been so preoccupied with other 'matters of consequence', etc etc.

But I feel like I have been handed a reminder; a gift. Here is an animal doing what it takes to progress to its next stage in life...a little like what I have been forced to do. And heck, if the magpie can build its nest in a week, there is no reason why I can't get on with life either...

7 Comments:

Blogger foodiechickie said...

Good luck!

1:24 am  
Blogger sequesteredgirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:51 pm  
Blogger sequesteredgirl said...

I'm back and should be posting again soon, but in the meantime new friend...
I'm glad you found your wings.

5:52 pm  
Blogger Tisane For One said...

Hi Foodiechikie and welcome!

Thanks for your comment :-)

SG, so happy to see you back and thank you for your kind thoughts - at the moment, 'La vita e bella':-)

11:02 am  
Blogger RGH said...

Great story.

RGH

1:43 pm  
Blogger RGH said...

Thanks for your commments on my blog. I appreciated them quite a bit.

RGH

1:46 pm  
Blogger Tisane For One said...

Hey RGH,
You are very welcome - I am really enjoying your blog.
Cheers

11:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home